Has past conditioning stopped you from trying new things and stepping out of your comfort zone when it comes to food? These Breakfast Cookies give you a chance to try something outside the box of what a typical breakfast looks like.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups of gluten free oats
- ¾ – 1 cup almond flour
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ½ cup of maple syrup (or yacon syrup for a lower glycemic index)
- ½ cup almond butter, melted
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the raw almonds to a food processor. Process until the almonds are in small pieces.
- Combine the almonds with the oats, ½ cup of the almond flour (use the remaining if the cookies seem too wet), salt and cinnamon.
- Melt the coconut oil and almond butter on the stovetop.
- Add the maple syrup (or sweetener of choice) and vanilla extract. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix.
- Once you have the desired consistency make 1.5 inch balls with the dough. Squeeze tightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: You can add a hard-boiled egg for protein and your breakfast is complete.Click here to schedule your free call with Gina.