We are so blessed in North America to have such an abundant supply of healthy organic fruit and vegetables. Yet many choose foods that are processed, GMO’d, pesticide-laced, and preservative-filled instead.
Why not challenge yourself to show your gratitude by buying wholesome organic foods?
Try giving up processed foods for this coming week. Eat only whole foods and be thankful for them. Treat your body to all of the wonderful nutrition and health benefits whole foods have to offer.
Try starting with this tasty chickpea salad which is a meal in itself.
- 2 cans of chick peas
- 1 English cucumber, chopped, seeds removed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 15 plum, cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 pepper, chopped, yellow or red
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Sea salt to taste
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- 6 tbsp walnut oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ -1 tsp oregano
- Toss salad ingredients in a big bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients together then add to salad mix.
Enjoy!Click here to schedule your free call with Gina.