Chickpeas–they’re not just for Hummus!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 inches ginger grated, (2 tablespoons grated ginger)
- 1 onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chick peas
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Sauté onions, ginger, and tomatoes in oil till tomatoes are juicy, about 10 minutes.
- Add chick peas, and spices. Stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
Read more at http://www.vegkitchen.com/recipes/bountiful-beans/chickpeas-with-tomatoes-and-ginger/#5qd3FrYDIXHoUBxF.99