Nothing like a bit of raw chocolate (cocoa) to lift your spirits! And the great news is that, in the right form, it is really good for you.
Give this Chocolate Avocado Mousse recipe a try when you need a pick me up.
- 2 ripe organic avocados
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw cocoa
- ¼ – ½ cup of unprocessed sweetener of choice (coconut sugar, yacon syrup, maple syrup, honey)
- 1 tbs of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca (great for your hormones)
- Dash of salt (this actually is what helps activate the absorption and goodness of the cocoa)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy this awesome treat!
- Refrigerate any leftovers. They will keep for days (if they last that long!)