When you are in a birthday situation, why not try this wonderful cake recipe to fit the occasion?
- 3 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup raw coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk, full fat
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350°F
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 7-inch spring form pan with coconut oil and line the bottom with parchment paper
- In a large bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, raw cacao powder, raw coconut palm sugar, baking soda and salt
- In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut oil, coconut milk, eggs, vanilla and honey
- Using a rubber spatula, gently mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients to form a batter. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 45-50 minutes. If you feel you need to cook it longer, cover cake with aluminum foil to prevent burning the top and lower the heat to 325°F. Cook until toothpick comes out clean.
Chocolate Frosting Instructions:
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler)
Mix coconut milk with melted chocolate until all is combined and smooth
- Let cool for 5 minutes before icing the cake
Enjoy!Click here to schedule your free call with Gina.