Love chocolate? Why not reward yourself with this healthy Chocolate Chia Pudding treat?
1/4 cup chia seeds
(Important: Before you use them, soak the chia seeds in at least 1 cup water, for at least an hour or two. If you wish, you can do this the night before you make the pudding. Then add these expanded chia seeds to the rest of the mix, as instructed below.)
For pudding mix:
- 2 cups coconut milk (or rice, almond, hazelnut, whatever suits you)
- 2 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/8 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds for garnish
- 4 tbsp cacao powder (add to taste, if you like your pudding strong, try 6 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Combine chia seeds and nut milk in a bowl.
- Whisk together and refrigerate for two hours.
- Whisk once more when you take the mixture out of the fridge.
- In a food processor, combine the dates, flaxseed meal, cacao, honey, and cinnamon.
- Pour in the chia/nut milk mixture and blend together.
- Add some sliced almonds to top the pudding off.