Nothing comforts the soul like a nice bowl of soup just like mom used to make–but with a healthier twist. Try this Chopped Vegetable Soup.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed (or to taste)
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger, grated
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp dried turmeric
- 2 carrots, chopped
- ¼ butternut squash (pumpkin), chopped
- ½ broccoli head, stem and florets, chopped
- 6 cups (1.5 L) vegetable stock or broth
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 zucchinis
- Wash and chop or slice vegetables as directed in ingredients list.
- Heat oil in large pot and sauté over a low heat the onions, garlic, ginger, celery until translucent.
- Add the turmeric, carrots and pumpkin and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except zucchini) and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Use a spiralizer to cut the zucchini into small noodles or use a mandolin to slice finely into ribbons then chop longways.
- Add in the zucchini noodles and mix through the soup for a few minutes then serve immediately.
This soup will freeze easily and will store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!