I just love sweet potato fries. However, getting them in a restaurant is a health disaster. The oil is typically rancid and the deep frying wreaks havoc on your hormones (take note ladies).
So here is a great at home recipe you can try to indulge your craving for fries in a healthy way.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp of crushed rosemary
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven the 450 degrees.
- Cut the fries into wedges, or whatever shape suites your mood.
- Toss in the oil and herbs.
- Place on a baking sheet spreading the fries out so they are not over lapping too much.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes. You can cook longer for crispier fries. You can also broil them for a few minutes near the end to make them even crispier.
You can also experiment with the herbs and spices to find a flavor that works for you. As we are all unique so are our taste buds and preferences. So have fun playing around with your healthy sweet potato fries and finding your own unique recipe.
Enjoy!Click here to schedule your free call with Gina.