One of the places in our body we hold the negative emotions from hurt is in our liver. So cleansing the liver is not only great for your body it is also a great way to release some of those negative emotions we know by now can lead to serious health issues. Spring is a great time to start cleansing, so try this soup. Your body and mind will love you for it.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, cut up
- 1/2 pound of fresh spinach leaves
- 3 parsnips, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, trimmed, chopped
- A handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Fresh water, as needed
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Lemon or lime juice
- Using a large soup pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and stir in the garlic, onion, and ginger to season the oil. Add the broccoli, spinach, parsnips, celery and parsley, and stir a bit until the spinach wilts and collapses. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables. Remember the spinach will cook down quite a bit, so don’t add too much water at first. You can always thin the soup later, if you need to.
- Bring to a high simmer, cover the pot, and reduce the heat to a medium simmer. Cook for fifteen minutes or so until the veggies are softened.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
To make this a creamy (and still non-dairy) soup add a good dash of light coconut milk.