- 1 1/2 cups/540 g. regular or gluten free rolled oats
- 1 banana, smashed
- 1/4 cup/50 g. whole roasted unsalted almonds
- 4 teaspoon/20 g. ground flax seed
- 1/3. cup/45 g dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup/60 ml. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup/60 g. almond butter
- Dash pumpkin pie spice
- Combine oats, smashed banana, almonds, flax and cranberries in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat and add maple syrup and almond butter, stirring until slightly warmed and well mixed.
- Pour hot mixture over cold oat mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Line an 8×8 pan with plastic or parchment paper and pour granola bar mixture into the pan.
- Using a piece of parchment or plastic wrap, pat down mixture until well spread in the pan and even along the top.
- Keep covered, and place pan in refrigerator or freezer for 45-60 minutes until hardened.
- When hardened, cut into 8 equal pieces.