- 1 1/5 cups of whole almonds
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of coconut syrup or yacon syrup
- 1 tbsp of almond butter
- ½ tsp of cinnamon (more if desired)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- ¼ cup of coconut oil, softened
- 2 tbsp of almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Dash of sea salt
- 3 tbsp of dark low sugar chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp of coconut oil
- Line a pan with parchment paper.
- For the first layer: add the almonds to a food processor and process until they become a fine crumb. Add the rest of the first layer ingredients and process until the mixture becomes tacky and sticks together when you press with your fingers.
- Put the first layer mixture onto the parchment paper and smooth out evenly and press down until firm. Place in the freezer.
- Second layer: add all of the ingredients into the processor and process until smooth.
- Pour onto the first layer from the freezer and smooth out. Return to the freezer and let set for 1-1.5 hours.
- Topping: in a small pot heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil until melted. Remove the slab out of the freezer and cut into squares. Drizzle the chocolate mixture onto the bars and return to the freezer.
- For storage keep these in the freezer and remove just before eating.