- 4 ounces soba buckwheat noodles
- 5 ounces asparagus cut in thirds
- Coconut oil
- 1 (6-oz) wild salmon fillet, skin off, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1-2 limes (3 tbsp. juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 4 ounces organic cucumber, skin on, cut into medium pieces
- 1/2 small avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until soft (about 6 minutes for soba). Transfer with tongs to a strainer.
- Add asparagus to same boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 2 minutes); rinse under cold water.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat lightly with coconut oil. Cook the salmon until cooked through, turning pieces (about 2-3 minutes per side). Reserve.
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together sesame oil, lime zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine the noodles, asparagus, and vinaigrette in a medium serving bowl. Add the cucumber and avocado; toss to coat.
- Just before serving, add salmon. Serve warm or at room temperature, or make up to 4 hours ahead and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.