- 1 small to medium sugar pumpkin, top cut off and seeds removed
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced white or baby bella mushrooms
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 4 large brussels sprouts, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Olive oil to drizzle
Optional additions: add 1/2 cup cooked quinoa and/or 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cut a square in the top of the pumpkin and scoop the seeds out of the inside.
- Cut up all ingredients, and place them in a mixing bowl; add in any additional ingredients of your choice.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the ingredients and sprinkle salt and pepper and add basil.
- Transfer the ingredients into the pumpkin.
- Place the stuffed pumpkin on a baking sheet and put into the oven.
- Check the pumpkin after 90 minutes to see if the vegetables are bubbling and the flesh of the pumpkin is soft. The pumpkin should be completely cooked in approximately 2 hours.
- Mix the contents of the pumpkin before serving.