It has been said the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
I would like to throw a twist into this saying by adding a healthy stomach leads to a healthy heart, which is the heart you want.
Nourish his heart and you nourish his soul. Men, this goes for women as well.
This week, try this heart-nourishing dish.
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and diced (organic)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (to taste)
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes – organic
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet potato and onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion is beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, chipotle and salt and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add water and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the sweet potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes and lime juice; increase heat to high and return to a simmer, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
Enjoy!Click here to schedule your free call with Gina.