One of the things that has made a positive impact in my life is the intention to try at least one new recipe per week, to step out of my comfort zone of the same old-same old. It’s fun! And whether or not the recipe is a great success doesn’t matter, although it certainly is satisfying to the taste buds when it is. Just the process of trying something new makes it rewarding and positive.
Be your own best friend and try a new recipe, a healthy recipe, such as the one offered here.
- 3 – 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 carrots
- 1 organic apple
- 2 sweet potatoes or yams
- 2 turnips
- 1-inch/2.5 cm piece of ginger (or more to taste)
- 2 cups/500 ml water or organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp dried turmeric
- 1/2 tsp fresh or dried basil, parsley or cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped carrots, sweet potatoes, apple, turnips and salt and pepper to pot and continue to cook on medium for 5 – 10 minutes then reduce heat to low/medium and continue to cook until ingredients are softened, about 45 minutes
- Once ingredients are softened, add water or vegetable broth and continue to cook for another 5 – 10 minutes on medium heat or until soup is warm
- Remove pot from heat. Carefully, add soup to a high-powered blender or food processor. Or use an immersion blender if you have it!
- Add turmeric and garnish with fresh or dried herbs and serve.
- Adding ¼ cup of hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds will give this soup the protein you need to make it a complete meal. Just sprinkle them on top before serving.
Enjoy the warmth, health and positive feelings of accomplishment this soup has to offer!Click here to schedule your free call with Gina.