Much gratitude and thanks to Chef Amie Valpone for this amazing recipe.
- ½ cup quinoa
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 large organic sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. organic dried cranberries
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Cook quinoa on stove top according to package directions.
- Place a large stockpot over medium heat; add oil and onions. Sauté the onions until golden brown. Add the garlic; cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and grated sweet potatoes; bring to a simmer and add cumin, chili powder, sea salt and pepper. Cook until sweet potatoes are tender, approximately 20 minutes. Then, carefully transfer mixture, in batches, to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Return mixture back to the pot on the stove over medium heat, add in dried cranberries and cooked quinoa; cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Serve warm. Garnish with parsley.