“The man who has no imagination has no wings.” ~Muhammad Ali
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.” ~George Bernard Shaw
“Everything you can imagine is real.” ~Pablo Picasso
“If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it.” ~William Arthur Ward
“Live out of your imagination, not your history.” ~Stephen Covey
Some of us have easy access to the wonders of our imagination. For others, imagination seems to be missing-in-action from our minds. Imagination, however, can be a very powerful tool in our lives both professionally and personally.
Albert Einstein was once thought to have said, “Imagination will take you everywhere… It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.”
While logic will keep you in the here and now or guide you based on your past experiences, imagination will take you to new heights.
Some individuals believe in the power of creative visualization. Creative visualization uses imagery in the mind in order to deliver results in your present and in your future. There are a few pointers you need to know about creative visualization before you try it out.
1. You need to be in a comfortable position. When you are preparing to experience creative visualization, you need to feel comfortable and relaxed.
2. Tap into your senses. Feel free to imagine hearing the sounds of the waves in the background. Listen for the swish of air as you ride the hot air balloon for the first time. Feel the feeling in your stomach as you take your first flying lesson. Savor the way your congratulations cake tastes at the opening of your new restaurant. Smell the scent of the ocean as it drifts by you. Use all of your senses to tap into your imagination. Before you know it, you will be in Italy tasting that wine or smiling away as you sign your new bestselling book.
3. Chill out. You need to be in a relaxed state both in body and mind. You need to start out with your body before you can attempt to relax your mind.
Creative visualization has been known to manifest quite lovely things for some individuals. You never know, your imagination could be your best friend too.
The Power to Choose
When you understand that you have the power to choose the thoughts you wish to think about and focus on, that realization is something really powerful. When you use your imagination to your benefit or the benefit of others, your life becomes vibrant and alive.
You can choose to picture negative images or you can choose to imagine positive images. The choice is really yours. Whatever you focus on will come to life.
How to Kick start Your Imagination
If you need a little help to kick start your imagination, here are a few tips:
- Get your priorities in order and put aside your to-do list for a while.
- Take a few minutes per day for yourself.
- Take some deep, cleansing breaths.
- Start to visualize what you want.
- Use images to boost your imagination.
- Read books and watch movies that take you to faraway places.
- Tell or write stories.
- Record your experiences in a journal.
Your imagination can become your best friend. Let it take you on a journey to wherever you want to go.
For a week, try to use your imagination to start creating the life you want–whether it’s finding a new home, a better job or a perfect relationship; whether it’s losing weight or creating more peace in your life. Whatever it is you desire, start to imagine yourself already achieving it. Imagine what it looks like, what you look like when you have it, and how you feel.
Use all of the tips above to get you going and see what you can create from your imagination and have a wonderful imagination-filled week.Click here to schedule your free call with Gina.