- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 4 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- Add all ingredients, except spinach, to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach, stir and continue cooking just until wilted, approximately 5 minutes.