“My scars tell a story. They are a reminder of times when life tried to break me, but failed. They are markings of where the structure of my character was welded.” ~Steve Maraboli
This is what I have learned:
– Relationships provide an amazing opportunity for personal growth. They are mirrors into the self, triggers for our unhealed wounds, and the perfect place to give and receive unconditional love.
– Our opinion about ourselves really is the only one that matters. Just make sure it comes from a heathy and humble place.
– Forgiveness is the surest way to find peace; not resentment, anger, hatred, vengeance, or withdrawing love.
– Going with the flow instead of resisting and arguing with reality is more productive and less stressful than trying to control what is not ours to control.
– If we continue to put garbage into our bodies in the form of processed foods, GMO foods, and toxic chemicals, then what we will get back from our bodies is garbage in the form of sickness and disease. It will not be a matter of “if”, but “when”.
– Our body is the temple that houses our soul and taking it for granted is negligent and irresponsible.
– It is our responsibility to live a healthy and happy life so we can serve the world from this place. Regardless of our circumstances, we can choose to be a beacon of light and do our part to make the world a better place.
– It is the responsibility of every adult to provide a safe, nurturing, supportive, and loving environment for the children of the world so they can grow up to be healthy adults.
– Wounded people hurt themselves and others. Healed people love themselves and others. We have a choice about which one we want to be.
– No matter how bad our childhood was, we can choose to have a better adulthood. We just need to own our responsibility to heal and make that a priority.
– Blaming others for what is going on inside you is nothing less than giving your power away and proclaiming your victimhood.
– There is no shame in honesty. When delivered with loving kindness it will always provide the best outcome.
– Hiding our wounds behind addictions such as food, alcohol, drugs, gambling, pornography, social media, shopping—and any other thing we do to extreme—is not healing, no matter how good the temporary high might seem to be. We will go from one high to the next until we no longer need the escape.
– My primary purpose in life is to work on showing up as the best version of myself in all circumstances, for all people and for the betterment of our world. This is my journey and it may take on many shapes and forms but ultimately becoming the person I am meant to be is why I am here. The foundation of this best version is always based on love.
– I have come a long way, but still have a long way to go… I fall, I get up, I make mistakes. I learn, I forget, and then I remember.
I have learned more than this and I have much, much more to learn. This is what I have learned.Click here to schedule your free call with Gina.